Wednesday, December 5, 2018

My laptop computer just bought me curtains on Amazon one-Click.

There is something very wrong with the computer industry--not just hardware but software as well. I have been using computers even before they were a household item. In the past two weeks I have purchased two-- a desktop and a laptop--one a Dell Inspiron Touchscreen which cost slightly over a grand, and the other a bare bones Lenova. Both have the same problem of a random shifting of the zoom on the display. Visiting the community groups and the tech support convinces me the issue 1) is common, and 2) no techs at Microsoft, Lenova or Dell know what causes it or how to fix it, unless the computer has the wrong driver, which is their universal solution, which does not work if you number among the many who have the driver designed to come with the machine. Then the solution changes to a casual, Gee Whizz, or a Go Figure, I had myriad other problems with the Dell which kept losing its hard drive, and it has been returned. That leaves me with a three year old Lenova I resurrected from the dead computer bin, wiped it clean and tediously loaded enough software to allow me to use my bill pay program on payday. The other one-- an inexpensive Lenova which I bought last week and dedicated exclusively to my fiction writing, zooms even when my hands are not making contact with the keyboard. It just ordered a pair of curtains on Amazon One Click without clicking anything. Apparently I hovered. I really wish I had my long dead Toshiba with Windows 7, or a legal pad and a box of pens. Maybe I will splurge and try a Mac, since I do not have the problem on my iPhone 6.5. 😝😡 But have you ever tried to write a 90,000- word novel on an iPhone?

No comments:

Post a Comment